The NBA Finals are finally over. Not to say that we should be happy about the NBA season being over, but that we don’t have to rehash the same storylines that have been talked about since last year’s Finals ended. The Golden Warriors won. LeBron did not. We might be getting used to saying that, unfortunately.
Before we get into Episode 71, as a reminder, The Bridge is now broadcast as a one-hour radio show every Wednesday night at 7 ET on Sports Radio America. Once the dust settles from that live broadcast, the show is released as a podcast on iTunes and on this website on Friday nights. You can listen to the live show every Wednesday on Sports Radio America here or through the TuneIn app.
- A retro “Sports News Read Like Real News” told the tale from 2016 of Draymond Green’s careless Snapchat pic (2:19).
- The Bridge Question of the Week is: Who won and lost the NBA Draft Lottery and why? Call in or text in your answer to 929-BRIDGE7, that’s 929-274-3437, and you’ll make it on the next show.
- “Run it back, same teams,” took a look back to around this time last year when we had the pleasure of chatting with NBA writer Josh Eberley. Here, clips include LeBron James’ performance and legacy from the 2016 Finals, what the Warriors blown 3-1 meant to theirs, and what they would need to do to win in 2017, including possibly signing Kevin Durant (5:34).
- This week’s guest was Oliver Maroney, an NBA writer for Dime on UPROXX. In his triumphant return to The Bridge, we chatted about the Warriors winning and the Cavs losing the NBA Finals, legacies for Kevin Durant and LeBron James, what this means for the future of the league, co-hosting the podcast for the BIG3 and more about the league. You can listen to our first interview about his sports broadcasting career and the NBA here.
- You can follow Oliver on Twitter @OMaroneyNBA. The interview starts at the 17:32 mark.
– In the interview, we discuss:
Why his prediction of Warriors in Five and Kevin Durant as the MVP came true (18:00), thoughts on Kevin Durant’s historic NBA Finals (18:59), how tall KD actually is (20:41), if this was the passing of the torch from LeBron to Kevin Durant (23:22), if Russell Westbrook watched the Finals (25:07), Steph Curry in these Finals (26:14), Draymond Green in these Finals (29:04), what this series loss means for LeBron James (31:31), what the Cavs have to do now (33:53), where we’re headed in the NBA (37:07), if this is the best team ever (39:36), his story on how the BIG3 came to be (41:10), what he’s most looking forward to with the BIG3 (44:37), what the future of the BIG3 might be (45:47), who would be on his BIG3 team of current players and all-time players (47:25), how he and Josh Eberley came to be the co-hosts of the BIG3 podcast (50:20), what his favorite talking point with Ricky Davis was (52:54) and where listeners can find the show (55:43),
Call in or text the show 24/7 at 929-BRIDGE7, that’s (929) 274-3437. Contact the show with your questions, comments, stories or hot takes and you might be featured in the next installment of The Bridge.
Subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast on iTunes (please lave a positive rating and review if you enjoy the show) so you’ll immediately be notified when new episodes are posted each week. You can also find The Bridge Sports Podcast on Google Play, Soundcloud, Stitcher and TuneIn.
Visit www.lundinbridge.com/email to subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast newsletter, which will provide weekly updates and behind-the-scenes information about the next show and who the featured guest(s) might be.
Show music: ‘Actionable’ and ‘Epic’ –> www.bensound.com.