The NBA playoffs have been a dud so far, at least when it come to the two best teams in the league. Two teams that also became the first duo to start the playoffs 8-0 in NBA history. Maybe we’ll get some excitement in time, but really, can’t we just get to the Finals already?
Before we get into Episode 66, as a reminder, The Bridge is now broadcast as a one-hour radio show every Wednesday night at 7 ET on Sports Radio America. Once the dust settles from that live broadcast, the show is released as a podcast on iTunes and on this website on Friday nights. You can listen to the live show every Wednesday on Sports Radio America here or through the TuneIn app.
- “Sports News Read Like Real News” told the tale of a dark night for the Dark Knight and the dark phallus that could serve as a new superstition for the New York Mets (2:15).
- The Bridge Question of the Week is: Who will make the NBA Finals and why? Call in or text in your answer to 929-BRIDGE7, that’s 929-274-3437, and you’ll make it on the next show.
- This week’s guest was Josh Eberley, an NBA writer for Hoop Magazine. In Josh’s triumphant return to The Bridge, we chatted about some topical things from this season and some of his recent writing before recapping the NBA playoffs and touching on what we’ll probably see in the NBA Finals.
- You can follow him on Twitter @JoshEberley. The interview starts at the 8:09 mark.
– In the interview, we discuss:
How impressed he was with Russell Westbrook’s historic season (9:59), if Russ will ever find “success” (11:10), the biggest surprises from the regular season (13:01), he he’ll be buying Lonzo Ball’s new shoes (14:41), the inspiration for writing his piece ‘Narrative of Legacy’ (15:42), moving the opening round back to five games and introducing parody (18:11), if it’s time to break up the Clippers (20:20), KG’s Area 21 and some comments made from the ’08 Celtics (22:35), if the Rockets can turn it around (Editor’s note, they can’t) (25:15), if the Spurs have any shot against the Warriors (27:08), who wins the Celtics vs. Wizards series (28:04), what the Cavs and Warriors 8-0 start means (29:13), how much better this Warriors team is from last year’s and the importance of Draymond Green (31:26), if the Cavs have a chance of repeating as champs (34:18), if the Warriors have a kryptonite (36:17), which team has the most to lose if they lose the NBA Finals (38:56), who he’d like to see win Cavs v. Warriors Part III (40:54), and some thoughts on his latest piece ‘The Lure of the Ring.’
- “Five Minutes in the Film Room” with Kyle Cicilioni previews “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” the number one movie in the world (43:33). You can follow Kyle on Twitter and Periscope and find some of his work at ajazznetworks.com.
Call in or text the show 24/7 at 929-BRIDGE7, that’s (929) 274-3437. Contact the show with your questions, comments, stories or hot takes and you might be featured in the next installment of The Bridge.
Subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast on iTunes (please leave a positive rating and review if you enjoy the show) so you’ll immediately be notified when new episodes are posted each week. You can also find The Bridge Sports Podcast on Google Play, Soundcloud, Stitcher and TuneIn.
Visit www.lundinbridge.com/email to subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast newsletter, which will provide weekly updates and behind-the-scenes information about the next show and who the featured guest(s) might be.
Show music: ‘Actionable’ and ‘Epic,’ courtesy of www.bensound.com.