Winter Storm Stella ravaged the Northeast with one of the biggest blizzards in recent memory, but did you think that would stop The Bridge? Nay, nay. While the sports world spent the week talking about the NCAA Tournament, we went in a different direction with a guest appearance many months in the making. And don’t worry, we’ll talk plenty of tournament in the next show. May your bracket hold strong until then.
Before we get into Episode 59, as a reminder, The Bridge is now broadcast as a one-hour radio show every Wednesday night at 7 ET on Sports Radio America. Once the dust settles from that live broadcast, the show is released as a podcast on iTunes and on this website on Friday nights. You can listen to the live show every Wednesday on Sports Radio America here or through the TuneIn app.
- “Sports News Read Like Real News” told the tale of “‘Twas the Night Before Madness,” my ode to the start of March Madness as written as a parody to everyone’s favorite Christmas poem (2:15).
- The Bridge Question of the Week is: Who will win this year’s (men’s) NCAA Tournament and why? Call in or text in your answer to 929-BRIDGE7, that’s 929-274-3437, and you’ll make it on the next show.
- This week’s guest was Justin Termine, the host of NBA Today on SiriusXM NBA Radio, Monday through Friday, 4-7 p.m. ET. Justin spits fire about the NBA and did so in this episode, but not before telling the story of how he got into radio and eventually landing at NBA Radio. Oh, there’s some pretty hilarious stories thrown in as well.
- You can follow him on Twitter @TermineRadio. The interview starts at the 7:55 mark.
– In the interview, we discuss:
Who the most famous person is on his phone (8:26), if Rick Berry could help him shoot free throws (9:58), what gave him the inspiration to get into broadcasting (11:55), the lowest point in trying to break in to radio (13:20), how he ended up at Sirius (15:30), dealing with lockjaw (17:58), the background of the former segment, “JT and the Hottie” with Patrick Meagher (18:41), a piece of advice he learned from dating adult actresses (20:15), getting the Justin Termine Radio Program (21:44), if there was a challenge in working alongside former NBA players (22:49), his answer to the trolls who criticize him for never playing professionally (24:39), working with Eddie A. Johnson and the argument he’s been the most wrong about (26:19), how arguments affect the show (29:48), if there’s a player or coach that he’s been nervous to interview (31:38), what gets him excited for his show every day (33:30), his favorite era to talk about (35:17), what was the best and worst part of being part of the Mad Dog Sports Radio family (submitted by @jpwilson1982, 37:17), how he feels about his portrayal on MDSR’s Morning Men (40:54), how Mike Babchik got kicked out of a strip club and it was his fault (submitted by Mike Babchik, 42:48), ranking Evan Cohen’s acumen of basketball (44:40), who the best run franchise in the NBA outside of the Spurs is (submitted by the unbiased Evan Cohen, 46:07), if the Spurs can still be a threat down the stretch if LaMarcus Aldridge can’t play (submitted by Packers Fan, 47:57), his thoughts on Durant leaving OKC for the Warriors (49:50), his thoughts on resting players in the regular season (53:06), who he likes to win the NCAA Tournament *cough* NOT DUKE *cough* (58:19) and if he’ll be able to attend FalCon 2017 (59:19).
Call in or text the show 24/7 at 929-BRIDGE7, that’s (929) 274-3437. Contact the show with your questions, comments, stories or hot takes and you might be featured in the next installment of The Bridge.
Subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast on iTunes (please leave a positive rating and review if you enjoy the show) so you’ll immediately be notified when new episodes are posted each week. You can also find The Bridge Sports Podcast on Google Play, Soundcloud, Stitcher and TuneIn.
Visit www.lundinbridge.com/email to subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast newsletter, which will provide weekly updates and behind-the-scenes information about the next show and who the featured guest(s) might be.
Show music: ‘Actionable’ and ‘Epic,’ courtesy of www.bensound.com.