The Bridge has made it to 100 episodes, and what an 100 episodes it’s been. Hence, instead of breaking down the first Super Bowl title in Philadelphia Eagles history, we’ll celebrate that milestone instead! We’ll recap the best segments and interviews from episodes 50 to 99 of The Bridge and The Bridge Sports Podcast.
Before we get into Episode 100, as a reminder, The Bridge is broadcast as a one-hour radio show Monday through Friday on Sports Radio America at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT. A brand new show airs on Wednesdays, then is released as a podcast on iTunes and on this website immediately following the episode. You can listen to the show live on Wednesday night on Sports Radio America here or through the TuneIn app. Additional bonus content, including a weekly gambling segment, can be found exclusively on this podcast.
- “Sports News Read Like Real News” throwback told the tale of New York Knicks owner James Dolan’s attempt to take down Knicks legend Charles Oakley (3:59).
- The Bridge Question of the Week is: What do you like most about The Bridge, and why? Leave a voicemail or text in your answer to 929-BRIDGE7, that’s 929-274-3437, and you’ll make it on the next show.
Somehow, someway, 100 episodes of The Bridge, and what an 100 episodes it’s been. Well, maybe three quarters or 60 percent or so of them, I’d rather not hear how I sounded in the early ones. By show 50, the show really started to find its stride, with staple segments like Sports News Read Like Real News to lead off the show and Good Try, Good Effort to end it. We’ve added a gambling segment with Donnie RightSide, a movie review segment with Joe Baress, Wait, Who?! to pay homage to some of the more unknown athletes in sports, The Drawbridge to compare something now to something then, Run it Back, Same Teams to flash back to previous interviews had on the show, and the newest segment, The What??, to highlight the best soundbites and quotes from the previous week in sports. We’ve had more than 50 guests through the 49 shows and I continue to thank my lucky stars that there’s still people who will agree to come on a show that they’ve never heard of, with a host they wouldn’t know if he fell on them. With that said, here are some of the best segments and best guests from episode 50 to 99.
- Jerry Kramer, Green Bay Packers legend and now NFL Hall of Famer, Class of 2018 ~ (9:58)
- What making it into the Hall of Fame would mean to him
- Not selling his Super Bowl 2 ring
- The inspiration behind his popular show segment, The Hot Box
- Ranting on Kevin Durant leaving the Thunder for the team that beat him, Golden State
- Ranting on NBA teams resting their players
- Sports News Read Like Real News ~ ‘Twas the Night Before Madness (30:20)
- Traveling to Latvia, the homeland of Kristaps Porzingis
- Sports News Read Like Real News ~ ESPN 8 “The Ocho” becomes a reality (41:23)
- Getting a champagne bath from Derek Jeter
- The pork chop on a stick segment
- Interviewing Mike and the Mad Dog while in high school and getting that footage on the 30 for 30
- Getting benched by Peyton Manning
- The “Immaculate Deflection”
- Deciding to play streetball full-time
- Who from the AND1 Mixtape Tour days would make up his BIG 3 team
- Interning at WFAN for Mike and the Mad Dog
- Breaking the wall between Francesa and Mongo Nation and the ‘Back Aftah Dis’ t-shirt
- Sour Shoes, Mike from Mahopac ~
- The one, the only, Sour Shoes
– 30 –
Call in or text the show 24/7 at 929-BRIDGE7, that’s (929) 274-3437. Contact the show with your questions, comments, stories or hot takes and you might be featured in the next installment of The Bridge.
Subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast on iTunes (please leave a positive rating and review if you enjoy the show as well) so you’ll immediately be notified when new episodes are posted. You can also find The Bridge Sports Podcast on Google Play, Soundcloud, Stitcher and live on TuneIn.
Visit www.lundinbridge.com/email to subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast newsletter, which will provide weekly updates and behind-the-scenes information about the next show and who the featured guest(s) might be.
Show music: ‘Actionable’ and ‘Epic,’ courtesy of www.bensound.com.