Welcome to the inaugural The Bridge Christmas Spectacular and Year in Review 2016! With Christmas Day and the end of the year quickly approaching, we decided to go out with a bang and introduce some new holiday segments while taking a look back at some segments from the past year.
Before we get into that and the rest of Episode 49, as a reminder, The Bridge is now broadcast as a one hour radio show every Wednesday night on Sports Radio America, starting at 7 ET. Once the dust settles from that live broadcast, the show is released as a podcast on iTunes and this website on Friday night. You can listen to the live show every Wednesday on Sports Radio America here or through the TuneIn app.
Editor’s note: The Bridge will be radio silent for the weeks of Christmas and New Year’s Day and will return to Sports Radio America at 7 ET on Wednesday, Jan. 4. Because of that, let me beat Chris Berman to be the FIRST to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you miss us that much, catch up with The Bridge on iTunes.
- Sports News Read Like Real News focused on the sad, sad firing of Jeffrey Michael Fisher from the Los Angeles Rams (3:58).
- The Bridge Question(s) of the Week is: What do you want for Christmas, what’s your favorite Christmas song and/or what’s your favorite Christmas movie? Call or text in your answer to 929-BRIDGE7, that’s 929-274-3437, and you’ll make it on the next show.
- A new special holiday segment, The Bridge Christmas List, with suggestions for what Santa should bring athletes from the NFL (10:50), NBA (23:27) and MLB (32:42) for Christmas.
- Sports News Read Like Real News looks back to Draymond Green’s accidental snapchat (17:20), “Tom Brady’s dildo” (19:01), Vin Scully’s retirement (26:30), Ryan Lochte’s “robbery” (29:24)
- The Drawbridge looks back to the teams no longer in existence since the Los Angeles Rams last won a game in 1994 (34:58) and what pop culture was like the last time the Los Angeles Rams scored a touchdown in 1994 (37:22).
- A new special holiday segment, Who’s Comin’ for Christmas, runs down the guests you might see show up at your door for Christmas dinner and what professional coaches best represent each one (41:15).
Call in or text the show 24/7 at 929-BRIDGE7, that’s (929) 274-3437. Contact the show with your questions, comments, stories or hot takes and you might be featured in the next installment of The Bridge.
Subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast on iTunes (please leave a positive rating and review if you enjoy the show) so you’ll immediately be notified when new episodes are posted each week. You can also find The Bridge Sports Podcast on Google Play, Soundcloud, Stitcher and TuneIn.
Visit www.lundinbridge.com/email to subscribe to The Bridge Sports Podcast newsletter, which will provide weekly updates and behind-the-scenes information about the next show and who the featured guest(s) might be.
Show music: ‘Actionable’ and ‘Epic,’ courtesy of www.bensound.com.